Monday, October 25, 2010

Surprised by Fall

I looked down the street that was boarded with trees at different stages of maturity, all coniferous. A breeze arose. In that instant, the leaves took flight from the place they were born and where they had lived all the months since the early spring. In one great sweep they became a swirling creature of color. This brown, yellow, red and orange arch fell gracefully to the ground as another one took its place in the air. A little further up the street, another tree released its own flurry of color like a responding dance partner.

I stayed immobile for a while as a question formed in my mind, "who is this for?"

Then, " where is the bride?" "Where are the guests?"

I already heard the music. A wild mystical party was happening there before my eyes.

2 comments: