Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Beautiful Moment

I had a beautiful moment today.

Sitting with my dogs in the park, my kids playing happily. I was watching a man run up and down the hill with his dog. Then they lost my attention and it went to the trees.

Against he backdrop of a pure blue sky, were some silver birch already naked, some maples with red, yellow, orange and even some green leaves. Of course a few evergreens, some pine and some cedar, were dispersed throughout the scene.

I had been thinking about the future, plans and dreams, while mesmerized by the high jinks of the man and his dog. But in this moment, I decided to let it all go.

In the next second, a wind picked up and blew everything as if in celebration. Or perhaps it came to take all my worries way. Every tree waved at me, every branch blew me kisses.

And I smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment