Sunday, October 31, 2010

Last day of October

My dear lovely Gint, fellow writer, fellow artist,

We have journeyed together through the month of October and succeeded in posting many interesting thoughts along the way. We did not do it every day as planned, but that in itself is cause for congratulations! I will explain.

There were times during this lovely month of October, when spoiled by the deliciously mild weather, that I arrived at my computer at the end of the day, exhausted. My eyes would literally fail me by the last few lines of certain blogs. I dreaded opening my laptop the following morning for fear of what I had written the night before. But thankfully, my sleepy self didn't fail me too badly.

So why should we be commended for not keeping to our challenge, you might ask. Well, my dear Gint, I see it like this: Life is bigger than our ambitions. Love whether self love or altruistic love should sometimes take precedence over our commitments. And that's what we did.

Yet, to our love of writing, we will return. It is a constant in my life. It unburdens my heart, diffuses my confusion, expresses my awe. It is playful, joyful and deep. Writing is who I am.

So, Gint, let's have coffee anyway. Let's celebrate being writers and above all being human.

Love,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment